This is not just another savory, loaded, simple muffin to add to your lunchbox. Sweet, chewy dried tomatoes paired with the salty comte cheese and earthy thyme are transpired with creamy cottage cheese and held together with a light and airy simple dough. Break apart the sweet smelling creamy muffins and find a spotted sweet bread that’s savory, sweet, and luxuriously buttery.
- 50 grams dried tomatoes (sliced)
- 100 grams comte cheese (grated)
- 130 grams butter
- 3 eggs
- 200 grams cottage cheese
- milk (15 cl.)
- 300 grams flour
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes and cheese.
- Add a little bit of crumbled thyme.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter on low heat.
- In another bowl, add the eggs and whisk.
- Add cottage cheese to the eggs and stir.
- Mix in the milk.
- In another bowl, combine the flour and yeast, make a well in the middle and gradually add the egg mixture. Stir until the mixture has no lumps.
- Stir in the tomato and cheese mixture.
- Add butter at the last moment, once it is cool to avoid cooking the eggs, then season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the batter into silicone muffins molds.
- Bake for 20 minutes.