Dried SoupReceitas Da Felicidade!
Think of this as a quick and easy spin on French toast, where all the bread is combined in a single dish in the oven rather than being fried one by one on the stovetop. The syrup, made by boiling water with brown sugar and cinnamon sticks, is then poured over the bread and sprinkled with fresh mint leaves before toasting under the broiler (watch carefully). Day-old bread works best.
- 1/2 liter water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 buns (day old)
- ground cinnamon
- mint leaves
- 1In a small pot, bring the water, sugar and cinnamon sticks to a boil.
- 2Simmer for about 5 minutes to form a syrup.
- 3Slice the buns and arrange them in layers in a baking dish. Drizzle with the syrup and top with mint leaves.
- 4Sprinkle with cinnamon to taste and bake for a few minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven. Serve warm.