Inspired by Northern Italian cuisine, this creamy Dried Mushrooms and Fennel Risotto is full of a blend of delicious and savory flavors. Anchovies, dried mushrooms, and garlic flavor this creamy rice dish made with white wine. Butter and parmesan add a cheesy creaminess to the end result. Sprinkle with fresh fennel before serving. In order to make this recipe vegetarian friendly, simply omit the anchovies. Use gluten free risotto rice in order to make this dish gluten free.
- 170 grams risotto (Oriente Special Rice, or similar)
- 1 liter water
- 1 vegetable bouillon
- 1 anchovy fillets
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup dried mushrooms (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- salt (to taste)
- 7 pepper (to taste)
- margarine (to taste)
- parmesan cheese (to taste)
- fennel (to taste)
- olive oil
- Soak the mushrooms in cold water for 40 minutes.
- They will absorb water and will double the size, after 40 minutes drain all the water, and set aside.
- In a pan, heat water with the vegetable bouillon.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a second pot, and add the finely chopped garlic cloves .
- Add the rice and chopped mushrooms to taste.
- Add a ladle of the vegetable broth, let it evaporate, and add the wine, let it evaporate again.
- Continue the process until all the vegetable broth has been used, or the risotto is cooked.
- Remove from heat, add 2 pieces of margarine, grated Parmesan cheese, and before serving, the fresh fennel.
PER SERVING *
|Calories510Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.