Dried Fig Cake with Parma HamLolibox
Change up the idea of dessert with this incredibly bold sweet, savory, and salty cake. Layers of salty thick cuts of Parma ham perfectly complimented with creamy bold Gruyere cheese is just the beginning. Sweet silky milk and earthy olive oil blend together with the fresh tartness of the figs balancing the cake flavors. Slice the beautiful marbled cake or break into thick chunks and use as the base of a bread pudding. Sweet and savory have never been so harmonized.
- 2 eggs
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 150 grams flour
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 40 grams gruyere cheese (grated)
- 80 grams prosciutto
- 200 grams dried fig
- 1Preheat oven to 350F.
- 2Place eggs in a bowl, season with salt and pepper, and whisk until the mixture becomes pale.
- 3Add milk and olive oil.
- 4Add flour and yeast and mix well.
- 5Mix in the grated gruyere cheese.
- 6Cut the prosciutto into thin strips, and the dried figs into small cubes and mix both with 1 tablespoon of flour before adding them to the batter.
- 7Mix well.
- 8Pour into a greased and floured baking dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- 9Let rest for about 5 minutes, unmold, and let cool.