- 3 pounds boneless country pork ribs (8 ribs, OR pork back ribs)
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 large handfuls apple or hickory wood chips, soaked for 1-2 hours
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 slices bacon (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 yellow onion (medium, chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 12 ounces chili sauce (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- 1/3 cup bourbon whiskey
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses (not blackstrap)
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- To make BBQ Sauce: Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add bacon and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp and browned, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels, leaving fat in saucepan. Let bacon cool.
- Add onion to saucepan and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in chili sauce, peach preserves, bourbon, vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and molasses. Bring to a simmer and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, stirring often, until reduced by about one quarter, 20 to 25 minutes. Finely chop cooled bacon and stir into sauce; add hot pepper sauce. Let cool. Makes about 2 1/2 cups sauce. Sauce can be refrigerated for up to 4 days.
- To make ribs: Mix paprika, sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper together in small bowl.Season ribs with paprika mixture.Let ribs stand at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Prepare an outdoor grill for indirect cooking with medium heat, about 350 degrees F.
- For a gas grill: Use a smoker box or create one using small, shallow aluminum foil pan. Remove cooking grates. Preheat grill on high. Turn one burner off. Place disposable aluminum foil pan over a burner, adding 1 handful of drained chips. Replace grates.
- For a charcoal grill: Place large disposable aluminum foil pan on one side of charcoal grate and fill with 1 quart water. Build fire on opposite side, and let burn until coals are coated with white ash. Spread coals in grill opposite pan and let burn 15-20 minutes (you should be able to hold your hand about 1 inch above the grate for about 3 seconds). Add 1 handful of drained chips to coals. Position cooking grate in grill.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Grill ribs with indirect heat, with the lid closed, for 30 minutes. Add remaining drained chips to box or coals. Grill, with lid closed, turning occasionally, until tender, about 1 hour more. (On a charcoal grill, add more charcoal as needed to maintain temperature, leaving grill lid open for a few minutes to help charcoal ignite.) During the last 15 minutes, brush ribs with some of the sauce, turning every few minutes to glaze. Transfer to platter, cover tightly with aluminum foil, and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes. Serve hot with remaining sauce, if desired.
Grilled BBQ Country Style RibsCooking In Bliss
Southern Fried Chicken ThighsThe Spruce
Country-Style Ribs with Peach Rosemary GlazePork
Carolina Country Style RibsPork
Buttermilk-Brined Southern Fried ChickenSweet Tea and Thyme
Sweet and Spicy Orange Glazed Barbecued Pork RibsMother Rimmy's
Baked Country Style Ribs With Maple Barbecue SauceThe Spruce
Country-Style Ribs with MojoPork
Slow Grilled Bone In Country Style Pork Ribs101 Cooking for Two
BBQ Short-Rib Sliders with Whiskey-Bacon Barbecue SauceNoble Pig
Southern KFC SECRET Fried Chicken Recipe!Incredible Recipes from Heaven
Country Style Ribs with Pepper Jelly Barbecue SauceDeep South Dish
Smothered Chicken A Soul FoodMunaty Cooking
Extra-Crunchy Southern Fried ChickenBloomberg
Chili-Orange Country-Style RibsPork
Honey Mustard Chicken FingersHellmann's
Southern Chicken Fried SteakCopykat Recipes
Southern-style Cornbread DressingThe Kitchn
Southern Smothered ChickenI Heart Recipes
Grilled BBQ Country Pork RibsFeeding Big
BBQ Ribs in the Slow CookerReal Mom Kitchen
Southern Fried FishSouth Your Mouth
Southern Fried Pork ChopsBullock's Buzz
Pork Country-Style Ribs With Asian Plum SaucePork
Slow and Low Country RibsSimply Recipes
Cuban Mojo Pork GrillHellmann's
Double Smoky Ribs with Bacon-Bourbon BBQ SaucePork