Deliciously fragrant loin of pork roasted with Maille Wholegrain mustard and a creamy Maille Dijon Originale mustard sauce, served with potatoes roasted in goose fat
- 1.6 kilograms pork loin (3½Ib)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon flakes (Sea salt)
- 2 tablespoons Maille Wholegrain mustard
- 1 inch goose fat
- 150 milliliters stock (¼pt Chicken or Pork)
- 2 teaspoons Maille Dijon Mustard
- 3 tablespoons double cream
- watercress (for decoration)
- Transfer pork to a platter with potatoes and mustard sauce, and then decorate with watercress.
- .At the same time roast par-boiled potatoes in goose fat until golden and crisp.
- For the sauce pour off excess fat from the pan juices and add stock. Stir in Maille® Dijon Original mustard and cream. Bring to bubbling then transfer to serving bowl.
- Spread Maille® Wholegrain mustard over the top of the joint so it runs down the sides. Continue cooking for 15 minutes more. Remove from roasting pan and leave to rest loosely covered with foil
- Score the skin of the joint and rub with oil and salt. Place in a hot oven, Gas 7 425F 220C for 20 minutes, until skin begins to blister. Turn down heat to Gas 5 375F 190C and continue cooking for one hour and 15 minutes or until cooked through.