- 1 cup coconut oil (Solid, or Room Temperature Butter)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 whole eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 3 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour (Or All-Purpose)
- 3 cups zucchini (Grated)
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate cocoa powder (or Natural Cocoa Powder)
- 1/4 cup coffee (Strongly Brewed)
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate (or Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips)
- 1 cup walnuts (Chopped, optional)
PER SERVING *
|Calories380Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Duane L. 17 Aug
Muy Bueno Used 1/2 butter, 1/2 coconut oil No nuts Fresh from garden yellow zucchini
Angelique H 9 Aug
Turned out great. No complaints! I made one loaf and 14 muffins, instead of two loaves. Muffins worked well too!
Rachel 25 Jul
It was good! I’d make it again.
Sharon Clark 27 May
I found this to be dry. If I were to make this again I would definitely add more chocolate chips.
Diane P. 10 Sep 2017
Very nice! I used 1/2 C coconut oil & 1/2 C. butter. I had run out of cocoa so I substituted 4 oz. unsweetened Baker's chocolate melted. My zucchini was 1/2 C. less than the 3 C. called for. It turned out moist and rich. It went over well at a dinner party with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top and a drizzle of raspberry sauce. Yum!
Roxann H. 4 Sep 2017
Fantastic I used water instead of coffee because I don't like coffee. Still turned out great.
Jenelle 31 Jul 2017
Excellent! So delicious! Moist and chocolatey!! My family loved it. Will def be making this again soon!!!
Gela 24 Jun 2017
The flavor was off a bit, I think because I didn't have any dark cocoa powder.. I did substitute buttermilk for some of the oil and unsweetened applesauce for some of the sugar. It helped that I also added some more chips.