Deep, chewy chocolate cookies studded with melty chocolate chips. These cookies are for serious chocolate lovers only!
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- flaky sea salt (optional)
- Line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in a medium bowl. Use a mixer to beat on medium speed for 1 minute or until well-combined.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and continue to beat for 30 seconds, until smooth.
- Add the flour, cocoa, cornstarch, baking soda and salt to the bowl. Beat on low speed, scraping the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed, until a smooth dough forms. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Divide the cookie dough into 30 balls using roughly 1 1/2 Tbsp. of dough for each and arrange them spaced 1 1/2-inches apart on the baking sheets. Transfer the sheets to the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Place cookies onto a lined sheet tray. Sprinkle the top of each cookie with sea salt, if desired. Bake the cookies for 15-17 minutes on the middle rack of oven, until puffy, cracked, and opaque.
- Check to see that cookies are done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow the cookies to rest on the sheets for 5-10 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely before serving.