- 1 pound 95% lean ground beef
- 1 1/4 ounces taco seasoning reduced sodium
- 1 iceberg lettuce (medium-large head of, chopped into bite sized pieces, if you’ve never chopped up a head of iceberg before you can follow these directions)
- 1 large tomato (medium-, diced)
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese (50% less, or 2% sharp cheddar cheese, shredded, such as Cabot)
- 4 ounces doritos (nacho cheese, broken up a bit into bite sized pieces)
- 1 cup catalina dressing (light, I used Kraft Lite Catalina)
PER SERVING *
|Calories200Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Kelly Kelly 11 Jul
Pretty tasty. although I will tweak the recipe next time. the dressing was a little too sweet. But it was awesome for a first time fix.
Dax D. 3 Jul
Made of a group of youth. It was well liked. Personally, I'd add some black beans and jalapeno.
Megan 24 Jun
Used 50/50 lettuce mix because I had it on hand. Everyone liked it- including 2 teenage boys. Probably lasts longer in fridge with iceberg.
Ayl Santi 11 Jun
i liked it better with the cool ranch doritos
Dawn Green 10 Jun
So good....family loves it!
Cindy Pacheco 15 May
it was yummy! the kiddos didn't care for the Catalina dressing so i didn't add it to their serving. So easy to make too!!
Jacques Whatley 21 Apr
very good very tasty yes
Olivia Williams 8 Mar
Great!! My family loved it!
Katherine Byrne 23 Nov 2017
I have made it before and it is really simple to make My husband loves it
Aurhora 9 Jun 2017
Absolutely delicious! Since one of my kid doesn't like tomato, I replaced it with a red bell pepper and it was totally fine.
Darris H. 12 Sep 2016
This was delicious. I made it exactly as written, except used two tomatoes and bagged taco salad lettuce blend instead of iceberg. The Catalina dressing gave it a nice sweet and salty flavor combined with the beef and Doritos. Divided into 6 servings, it was very filling.
Stella I. 20 May 2016
This was delicious. I use shredded iceberg lettuce, hot chunky salsa, pico de gallo, canned corn, canned black beans, crumbled spicy nacho Doritos, and ground turkey with taco seasoning. I did not need any Catalina dressing because with the salsa that was dressing enough. I loved it! The above is my low-calorie version. If I were to splurge I would use ground beef with taco seasoning and add guacamole and nacho cheese. Yum!
Debbie N. 17 Dec 2015
My family has been making taco salad since I was a kid. It was always a fav. The way we do it is similar to this one. Just salt and cumin seasoning to tast on the meat. we also add a small diced onion to the lettuce. Also add one can of drained light red kidney beans to the meat after it is cooked and drained, just to warm the beans. Use light French dressing instead of Catalina. Our way or your way, it is so good.