Donuts are a perfect way to start your weekend off right. These delectable delights will have your family begging for more. They take 55 minutes to prepare and are 120 calories per serving. The tasty treasures, once fried to perfection, are dipped in a delightful sugar and ground cinnamon mixture. If you remember making donuts when you were a kid, why not make these with your kids for a nostalgic treat?
- 5 cups flour
- 3 eggs
- 135 grams butter (melted, at room temperature)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 liter vegetable oil
- 1 sugar (additional cup)
- 4 ground cinnamon (additional tbsps.)
- Place the flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, and baking powder into a mixer and combine. Mix in the butter, eggs, and milk until incorporated.
- Let the dough rest, covered, on the counter.
- Divide the dough into two sections and roll out one section onto a floured surface. Cover with a cloth or with plastic wrap until approximately 1/2 centimeter thick.
- Cut the dough into rounds and remove the middle to make donut shapes. Place each finished donut onto a tray.
- Heat the oil to 180 Celsius and fry the donuts until golden brown, approximately 2 minutes.
- Remove the donuts from the oil and place onto paper towels to remove the excess grease. Mix the additional sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle the donuts with the mixture.
- Repeat with the other portion of dough.
PER SERVING *
|Calories120Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.