Dijon and Herb-crusted Pork Chops With Dried Fruit MostardaPork
- 1 center cut pork loin roast (With 8 Ribs, Chine Bone Removed By Butcher)
- 1 1/2 cups prosecco (White Wine, Or Apple Juice)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard seeds
- 4 dried fig (Quartered)
- 1/2 cup dried apricot (Quartered)
- 1/2 cup dried cherry (Or Cranberries)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup golden raisins (Or Additional Raisins)
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (Finely Chopped Or 1 Teaspoon Dried)
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary (Finely Chopped Or 1 Teaspoon Dried)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (Finely Chopped Or 1 Teaspoon Dried)
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat until it is hot. Pour in theprosecco (it should hiss), bring to a boil, and cook for 2 minutes. Add the sugar, Dijon mustard, and mustard seeds and whisk well to combine. Stir in figs, apricots, cherries, seedless and golden raisins, and chili flakes. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is reduced by about half, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the vinegar. Transfer to a medium bowl and let cool to room temperature. (The mostarda can be covered and refrigerated for up to 1 month. Bring to room temperature before serving.)
- 2In a small bowl, whisk all of the ingredients to combine.
- 3Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with a wire cake rack.
- 4Using a large knife, cut the roast into 4 thick chops, each with 2 ribs. Using kitchen twine, tie each chop lengthwise in two places to help hold its shape during cooking.
- 5Generously smear the Dijon glaze all over the pork chops and stand them on the rack, wide side down with the bones facing up. Roast until the chops are browned and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads between 145 degrees F. and 160 degrees F., about 30 to 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes.
- 6Cut off and discard the twine. Using a sharp knife, cut between the bones to make two smaller chops from each double-cut chop. Place the chops on dinner plates. Top each with a generous spoonful of the mostarda (reserving the remaining mostarda for another use). Serve immediately.
PER SERVING *
|Calories410Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.