- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 pound skinless chicken breasts (boneless, cut into 1-inch chunks)
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 carrots (peeled and diced)
- 2 stalks celery (diced)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 16 ounces cremini mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup orzo pasta (uncooked)
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 bunch kale (stems removed and leaves chopped)
- 15 ounces cannellini beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves (chopped)
PER SERVING *
|Calories320Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Sara 14 Mar
Really good... definitely yummly. Made it exactly according to recipe and would make this again.
Lauren P. 20 Feb
Delicious! Reduced the chicken stock to 6 cups for a thicker consistency and used an Italian seasoning blend. Husband loved it!!
John Fiscus 11 Feb
I probably over browned the veggies and it could have used a little more garlic and rosemary. Overall a tasty soup though!
Linda DiSarro 14 Jan
Delicious! I used spinach instead of kale. Will be making again for sure!
Nick 14 Jan
Great soup! Doubled the orzo to make it a bit heartier. But very good!
Kristin Mck 11 Jan
Perfection! Spice it up
Lala 5 Jan
Delicious! I will make this soup again. It’s an easy soup to improvise with.... I used some noodles instead of orzo and no beans. The soup was yummy, lots of favor and healthy too.
Amy 4 Jan
This was fantastic. Next time I'll add more chicken stock. It was more stew- like than soupy. Perfect for the coldest day of the year or when there's a nasty bug going round.
Jocelyn 2 Feb 2017
Yummy! My husband hasn't been feeling well and I decided to make this recipe. He really enjoyed it, and it has given him a little pick me up. I certainly will make this again, it was so scrumptious.