- 14 ounces coconut milk
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup short-grain rice
- 1 mango (peeled, seeded and cut into 8 thin slices and 4 sticks)
- 1 kiwi fruit (peeled, halved, 1/2 cut into 4 wedges, 1/2 cut into 4 sticks)
- 1 papaya (peeled, seeded and cut into sticks)
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut (toasted)
- 1/2 ounce marzipan
- 1 pinch unsweetened cocoa powder
- Bring the coconut milk, milk and 1/4 cup of the sugar to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in the rice. Reduce the heat to low; cover and simmer for 30-35 mins, stirring occasionally. Transfer rice to a baking pan and cover with plastic wrap. Cool for 2 hours.
- For the caramel sauce, gently heat remaining 1/4 cup sugar in a small saucepan until caramelized. Gradually add 5 tbsp hot water and simmer for 2 mins. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- Divide the rice pudding in half, and divide one half in half again. Place a 10 x 8-inch rectangle of foil on a work surface and top with a piece of plastic wrap of the same size. Using 1/4 of the rice, make 4 rice rectangles (8 x 2-inch) and lay a mango stick along the middle of each. Using the plastic wrap, roll the rice tightly around the mango. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Repeat with another 1/4 of the rice and the kiwi sticks.
- Using your hands, shape the remaining 1/2 of the rice into 12 oval balls. Top 4 balls with 2 mango slices each, 4 balls with a kiwi wedge each and 4 balls with 3 or 4 papaya sticks each. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Knead the marzipan and cocoa together. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the marzipan to a 2 x 3/4-inch rectangle. Cut lengthwise into 4 strips. Wrap around the papaya-topped rice balls and press the ends together.
- Unwrap the rolls and roll in the coconut. Arrange all the sushi on a platter and serve with the sauce.
|Calories530Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.