Whipped cream goes well with so many desserts. It cuts through the richness of chocolate and the tangyness of lemons. The most common whipped cream made from cows milk isn't good for us as it causes food allergies and bloating, but for some it's the…
comfort of childhood memories that has us adding an extra spoonful to our plates. This recipe using coconut cream will give you the same texture and enjoyment as before but without the unwanted side effects. Pair it with our Sticky Date Pudding, Chia Jam, Raw Chocolate Mousse, Sweet Potato Pies or even just some strawberries
- 1 can coconut cream (full fat, refrigerated over night)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (/rice malt/coconut nectar)
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder (for thickening, optional)
- Remove the coconut cream from the fridge.
- Scope out the solid flesh being careful not to get any of the water.
- Add maple syrup to the flesh and using a hand whisk to whip until peaks form.
- If after a while the mixture is still running add in some arrowroot powder to thicken it up.
- Use immediately or store in fridge for a few days.