Deliziosa Cookie DessertL'Antro dell'Alchimista
Offering a next-level take on the simple—yet crave-inducing—sugar cookie, these delicate, powder sugared sandwich cookies cradle lush Chantilly cream. Bake them on waxed paper-lined baking sheets until lightly golden and firm before spooning the fluffy crème anglaise in between. Feeling time-crunched? Go ahead and substitute store-bought (or "homemade" instant) vanilla pudding for the prepared whipped filling that's called for here. Assemble them shortly before serving so the cookies maintain their textural integrity.
- 500 grams flour
- 175 grams sugar
- 125 grams butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- creme anglaise (may substitute store bought vanilla pudding)
- whipped cream
- powdered sugar
- 1Preheat the oven to 180C.
- 2Combine the flour, sugar, butter, eggs, and baking powder until the dough is uniform in consistency (use a little milk if the dough is too hard), then roll it out with a rolling pin to a thickness of approximately 1/2 centimeter. Use a round cookie cutter, approximately 5 centimeter wide, to cut out the cookies.
- 3Place the cookies on a baking sheet lined with wax paper.
- 4Bake the cookies until golden.
- 5Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on a wire rack.
- 6Prepare a creme anglaise, let it cool completely, and combine it with the same amount of whipped cream.
- 7Place a spoonful of Chantilly cream on one of the cookies and add another cookie on top of the cream.
- 8Serve sprinkled with powdered sugar.
PER SERVING *
|Calories910Calories from Fat280|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat280|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.