- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 extra-large eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour (not self-rising)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (cold, cut into pieces)
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (real)
|Calories680Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Blair 13 days ago
Absolutely amazing! Thank you for this recipe😍
Hudson Stillwater 22 days ago
Made this and loved it. Strongly recommend doubling the amount of streusel and the amount of glaze: don’t worry, it won’t be too much.
Joanne B. 6 Aug 2018
moist and delicious!!
Yummly2712 27 Jun 2018
Great coffee cake! I was a pastry chef for 10 years and this is the best coffee cake I’ve ever made I’d also like to note that I used AP flour in place of cake and it worked just fine :)
Allie Christodoulou 18 Jun 2018
EXCELLENT! Fluffy & moist - exactly the way a coffee cake should be. Store-bought coffee cakes are either dry, soggy, or overly sweet. This one is perfect! Nice subtle cinnamon flavor and not too sweet. I added walnuts to mine, finely chopped, and baked for 60 minutes. After it cooled and I iced it, it looked picture perfect! Husband approved as well! Will definitely make again.
Good Evening 28 Apr 2018
Awesome!!! I will make this again and again....