Delicious Chocolate CakeLa Cocina Mexicana de Pily
If you love chocolate, you will fall in love with this recipe for Delicious Chocolate Cake. Full of rich chocolatey flavor, this cake has a lovely moist texture. A tall double decker cake, this Delicious Chocolate Cake has a layer of rich semi-sweet chocolate ganache running through the middle. Covered in more semi-sweet chocolate ganache, the finished cake has a lovely and elegant sheen. Garnish with fresh berries, caramelized sugar, or gold foil and serve.
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup milk (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup water (boiling)
- 300 milliliters heavy cream
- 300 grams semisweet chocolate (chopped)
- 1Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2Grease 2 round 22-centimeter baking molds, and line the bottoms with parchment. Set aside.
- 3In a bowl, sift and mix the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder.
- 4In a different bowl, beat the milk and oil. Add the eggs one by one.
- 5Add the dry ingredients. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- 6Carefully add the boiling water and beat for 1 minute.
- 7Divide the batter and pour into the 2 molds.
- 8Bake for approximately 30 minutes.
- 9Let the cakes cool before unmolding.
- 10In a saucepan, heat the heavy cream but do not bring to a boil.
- 11Turn off the heat and add the chocolate. Stir until smooth and let it cool.
- 12Place the bottom layer of the cake on a plate. Spread with chocolate ganache.
- 13Add the other layer of cake on top. Cover the entire cake with ganache.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1620Calories from Fat820|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat820|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.