If you love chocolate, you will fall in love with this recipe for Delicious Chocolate Cake. Full of rich chocolatey flavor, this cake has a lovely moist texture. A tall double decker cake, this Delicious Chocolate Cake has a layer of rich semi-sweet chocolate ganache running through the middle. Covered in more semi-sweet chocolate ganache, the finished cake has a lovely and elegant sheen. Garnish with fresh berries, caramelized sugar, or gold foil and serve.
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup milk (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup water (boiling)
- 300 milliliters heavy cream
- 300 grams semisweet chocolate (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease 2 round 22-centimeter baking molds, and line the bottoms with parchment. Set aside.
- In a bowl, sift and mix the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder.
- In a different bowl, beat the milk and oil. Add the eggs one by one.
- Add the dry ingredients. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Carefully add the boiling water and beat for 1 minute.
- Divide the batter and pour into the 2 molds.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes.
- Let the cakes cool before unmolding.
- In a saucepan, heat the heavy cream but do not bring to a boil.
- Turn off the heat and add the chocolate. Stir until smooth and let it cool.
- Place the bottom layer of the cake on a plate. Spread with chocolate ganache.
- Add the other layer of cake on top. Cover the entire cake with ganache.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1620Calories from Fat820|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat820|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.