Deep Brown Gravied Pork ChopsPork
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ounce bone-in ribeye pork chops
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 14 1/2 ounces chicken broth (reduced sodium)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (coarsely ground)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons green onions (or fresh parsley, finely chopped)
- 1Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the flour and cook 3 to 3 1/2 minutes or until lightly browned and fragrant, stirring constantly. Remove from skillet and set aside on separate plate.
- 2 Combine the paprika, thyme and garlic powder in a small bowl and sprinkle evenly over both sides of the pork chops. Add oil in pan over medium high heat. Cook pork chops 4 minutes on each side or until the pork chops reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees F. Set aside on separate plate.
- 3 Whisk together the flour and 1/2 cup of the broth until smooth. Stir into the pan residue. Gradually stir in the remaining broth, salt and pepper until smooth. Reduce the heat to medium and cook 10 minutes or until thickened slightly, stirring occasionally. Add the pork and any accumulated juices and cook 1 minute to heat through, turning several times to coat. Sprinkle with the green onion.
- 4 Makes 4 pork chops and 1/2 cup gravy total
- 5 Serves 4; about 3 ounces cooked pork and 2 tablespoons gravy per serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories70Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.