Decorated Shortbread CookiesCasseroles et claviers
Buttery shortbread cookies are the perfect treat to decorate for any special occasion. The cookies are lightly flavored with vanilla. After baked, the crisp cookies are frosted with a sweet frosting that can be decored for any occasion. While the decorating process takes a little bit of time, the time will be well worth it once you place these on the dessert table at any occasion.
- 225 grams unsalted butter (soft)
- 175 grams powdered sugar
- 1 eggs
- 1 vanilla pods
- 430 grams flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 360 grams powdered sugar
- 145 grams meringue powder (or egg white powder)
- 70 grams warm water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or preferred flavor)
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Whip the butter and sugar together. Add the egg and vanilla seeds (split the pod in half and scrape the inside with the tip of a knife).
- 3Stir in the flour gradually.
- 4If the dough is too sticky, add a little flour.
- 5Once the dough forms into a ball (do not over-knead the dough to avoid making it elastic), roll out on a floured surface and cut out with cookie cutters.
- 6Bake about 8 to 10 minutes until the cookies are barely browned.
- 7Combine all the dry ingredients in a mixer bowl fitted with the whisk. Mix on medium speed, gradually adding water and vanilla extract.
- 8If coloring is desired, add food dye now.
- 9Whip for 8 to 10 minutes. Set icing aside in cling film (in contact with the icing) and cool. The icing can be stored for up to a week in the refrigerator, which is why meringue powder is used instead of fresh egg white, to
- 10reduce the risk of salmonellosis.
- 11Once cooled, decorate the cookies. Start with the cookie's contours using a piping bag.
- 12Once the cookies with contours are done, fill in contours using a small spoon.
- 13Doing the edges of the cooky is a bit of a long task, but necessary in order to have beautifully and cleanly decorated shortbread cookies.
- 14Cookies will keep for several days in an airtight container.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1340Calories from Fat430|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat430|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.