Dates and Walnut CakeAnanás e Hortelã
- 5 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 2 cups dates (chopped)
- 1Grease a pan with butter and line the bottom with parchment paper. Butter the parchment paper. Set aside.
- 2Preheat the oven to 360°F.
- 3Separate the yolks from the egg whites.
- 4Beat the egg whites until stiff and set aside.
- 5In a bowl, combine the yolks, sugar and yogurt and beat very well.
- 6Add the oil and stir until well mixed.
- 7Gradually add the flour, almonds, baking powder, and cinnamon and mix until smooth.
- 8Add the egg whites and fold gently without stirring too much.
- 9Lastly, add the chopped nuts and dates.
- 10Pour the batter into the greased pan and bake.
- 11Remove from the oven, then remove from the pan and sprinkle with a mixture of powdered sugar and cinnamon powder. Cut into little squares.