Dark Chocolate and Almonds Valentine's day Cake with Whipped White Chocolate GanacheOn dine chez Nanou
Looking for something unique that says, “I love you” for Valentine’s Day? Try this crunchy, chocolaty delight. Made from creamy butter and both white and dark chocolate, this one will spark the romance. Topped with fluffy whipping cream, your significant other will experience a whole new level of culinary delight.
- 200 grams butter
- 200 grams dark chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 200 grams granulated sugar
- 50 grams flour
- 50 grams ground almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 80 grams white chocolate
- 190 grams heavy whipping cream
- 1Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2In a saucepan melt the butter and dark chocolate over low heat.
- 3Place the eggs and sugar in a mixer bowl and whisk for about 5 minutes so that it gets a consistency similar to custard.
- 4Add the melted chocolate.
- 5Mix with a spatula.
- 6In a separate bowl, mix the flour, ground almonds, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- 7Add to preparation and mix to obtain a homogeneous paste.
- 8Pour the batter into a flexible mold and bake 35-40 minutes.
- 9Rather than using cupcake tins, making a large cake and cutting out small round shapes once the cake has cooled down will give nicer results.
- 10Melt the white chocolate in a water- bath.
- 11Boil the 55 grmas of cream.
- 12Pour cream in 3 increments into white chocolate to obtain a nice ganache.
- 13Mix thoroughly.
- 14Add the remaining 135 grams of cream to the ganache. Mix and cover with plastic film.
- 15Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- 16Whip using a food processor to mount the cream liked whipping cream.
- 17Decorate the cake before serving using a pastry bag.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1290Calories from Fat830|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat830|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.