Dark Chocolate Pound CakeMadeleine Cocina
Pound cake is hearty, rich, and a wonderful snack or treat. This recipe for Dark Chocolate Pound Cake takes this traditional dessert to a decadent new level. Ingredients for this tasty treat include melted room temperature butter, raw sugar, beaten eggs, ground vanilla, melted dark chocolate, white flour, baking soda, and boiling water. It takes 70 minutes to prepare this divine cake. Top it with fruit to make it extra special.
- 180 grams butter (melted at room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cups raw sugar
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (ground)
- 115 grams dark chocolate (melted)
- 170 grams white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup water (boiling)
- 1Preheat the oven to 180C.
- 2Beat the butter with the raw sugar in a medium bowl until they completely mix.
- 3Add the eggs and vanilla and keep beating.
- 4Add the melted dark chocolate to the bowl and beat slowly until everything is well mixed. Do not overbeat the mix.
- 5Mix the flour with the baking soda in a different bowl.
- 6Add a portion of the mixed flour to the bowl where the chocolate is, then add half of the boiling water while beating.
- 7Add the rest of the flour and the rest of the boiling water to the chocolate and mix until the flour is no longer visible.
- 8Line a pound cake mold with parchment paper, then pour the mixture in it.
- 9Bake for 30 minutes.
- 10Lower the heat of the oven to 150C and bake for 20 more minutes.
- 11Remove the pound cake from the oven, let it cool off completely before unmolding, and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories430Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.