Dairy-Free Stuffed MushroomsYummly
No one will miss the dairy in these filling and flavorful Dairy-Free Stuffed Mushrooms.
- 12 cremini mushrooms (large)
- 4 ounces day-old baguette
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- 2Line a square baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- 3Carefully remove the stems from the mushrooms and discard or save for an alternative use.
- 4Arrange the mushrooms in the baking pan with the cavities facing up. Set aside.
- 5Break the stale baguette into large chunks and place in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse into coarse crumbs.
- 6Place the breadcrumbs into a mixing bowl. Add the parsley, thyme, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- 7In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, mayonnaise, and Dijon mustard.
- 8Pour the egg mixture over the breadcrumbs.
- 9Using a large fork, mix until the ingredients are thoroughly combined and the stuffing holds together when pinched.
- 10With a small spoon and clean hands, stuff a generous Tablespoon of filling into each mushroom. Pack the filling tightly into each cavity, using enough so that the mushrooms are domed with stuffing.
- 11Transfer the baking pan to the preheated oven.
- 12Bake for 23-26 minutes, until the mushrooms have released some of their juices and the stuffing is nicely browned.
- 13Remove the pan from the oven. Allow the mushrooms to cool for 5 minutes before plating and serving.