Christmas cookies are a sweet and fun way to celebrate the season. This recipe for Cut-Out Raspberry Jam Christmas Cookies are beautiful and decorated with delicious jam. These cookies do take time to make because you have to let them sit in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. You can use raspberry or currant jelly for these treats. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy this recipe as much as we do.
- 1 whole eggs
- 100 grams sugar
- 200 grams melted butter
- 300 grams flour
- raspberry jelly
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whisk the egg with sugar together.
- Mix in the melted and cooled butter.
- Stir in the flour. Form a ball and let refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and let it warm up to room temperature for 5 minutes. Roll out on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut out the shapes with a cookie cutter.
- 2 pieces must be cut per cookie: the first one intact and the second in which you'll cut out a hole in the center with a small cookie cutter.
- Count the cookies to make sure each one has a pair.
- Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and sprinkle the cookies with the hollow center with powdered sugar.
- Let cool and brush the uncut cookies with jam.
- Glue the half with the hollow center on top of the the half with the jam.
- Store in an airtight container for a few days.