Custard and Apple PieHoje para Jantar
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 2 tablespoons custard powder
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 tablespoons sugar (crystal)
- 1 eggs
- 500 milliliters milk
- 5 apples
- lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon demerara sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Line a pie pan with puff pastry and, using a knife, cut off the excess of dough at the edges.
- 3Set this excess dough aside to make stars/shapes with which to decorate the pie.
- 4With a fork, prick the dough on the bottom of the pie mold.
- 5In a bowl, mix the custard flour with the cornstarch and sugar.
- 6In another bowl, stir the egg with a fork and add the milk. Stir well, and slowly add to the flour mixture.
- 7Stir constantly as you add the milk to avoid lumps.
- 8Heat in a saucepan on the stove until thickened.
- 9Pour this mixture in the tart pan.
- 10Peel and quarter the apples.
- 11Drizzle with a few drops of lemon juice so the apples don't brown.
- 12Arrange the apples on top of the mixture.
- 13Cut a few stars with the remaining dough and decorate the pie.
- 14Finally, sprinkle with a mixture of 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 1 tablespoon Demerara sugar, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- 15Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- 16Let cool before serving.
- 17If the custard cream gets lumpy, pass it through a mesh sieve or grind it with a hand blender.