- 4 boneless pork chops (1-inch thick)
- 1 small onion (coarsely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger root (peeled and coarsely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (coarsely chopped)
- 1 cup nonfat yogurt (plain)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
- Pulse onion, ginger and garlic together in food processor to mince. Add yogurt, curry powder, salt and pepper and process into thin, rough paste. Pour into large, resealable bag. Add chops, seal bag and refrigerate for 2 to 10 hours.
- Prepare a medium-hot fire in grill. Brush grill grate clean and lightly oil grate. Remove chops from marinade, shaking off excess marinade. Do not pat dry. Discard remaining marinade. Grill chops directly over heat, turning once, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, 8 to 10 minutes, followed by a 3-minute rest time.
- Note: Insert the meat thermometer into the pork chops horizontally to get an accurate reading.