Curried TunaO Meu Tempero
Here's another delicious reason to keep a steady supply of canned tuna in your cupboard: This quick and easy curry dish is worth becoming part of your regular rotation, as it will provide a refreshing change of pace from pasta and other weeknight mainstays. It's also excellent incentive to stock up on the essential seasonings, including curry powder, turmeric, and ground coriander, plus coconut milk, all available at most supermarkets.
- olive oil
- 1 onions (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 2 tomatoes (ripe, peeled and chopped)
- 3 cans tuna
- 200 milliliters coconut milk
- fresh coriander (chopped, to taste)
- olive oil (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- 1Heat a pan with a little olive oil and add the onion and garlic. Cook until onion is translucent.
- 2Add the curry powder, turmeric and coriander powder.
- 3Simmer for 1 minute to release the flavor of the spices.
- 4Add the tomatoes and several tablespoons of water.
- 5Cook covered until the tomatoes soften.
- 6Add the drained tuna and coconut milk. Season with salt. Simmer.
- 7Sprinkle with fresh coriander. Serve hot with basmati rice, a green salad and Naan bread.