- 4 bone-in ribeye (rib) pork chops (1 1/2-inch thick)
- 7 ounces white rice (e.g. Success)
- 2 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 white onion (peeled and cut into eighths)
- 12 ounces sliced mushrooms
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare rice according to box directions and transfer into a medium size bowl. Add 1 tablespoon butter, curry powder, raisins and salt. Mix together.
- Cut a pocket in the sides of the chops and stuff each with about 1/3 cup of the curried rice mixture. Tie together with kitchen twine. Place stuffed chops on a rack in shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, until for 40-50 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F. when instant-read thermometer is inserted into thickest part of meat and not touching stuffing. Transfer stuffed chops to a cutting board. Loosely cover with foil; let rest for 5 minutes. Remove and discard kitchen twine before serving.
- Meanwhile, heat oil and remaining tablespoon of butter in a heavy skillet. Add onions and cook on low-medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- To serve, warm 4 dinner plates. Put one chop on each plate and divide onion-mushroom mixture and top chops.