Ginger, curry and peach provide a flavor trio in this satisfying pork skillet dish. Serve with hot cooked rice, buttered peas and warm dinner rolls.
- 1 pound pork cutlets (1/4-inch thick)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 cup peaches (fresh or canned, coarsely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons peach jam
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion (coarsely chopped)
- In small bowl whisk together broth and cornstarch until smooth, stir in curry powder, ginger, salt, peaches and jam; set aside. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add onion, cook and stir 2 minutes, push to side of pan, add cutlets and brown well on one side, about 2 minutes. Turn and add sauce mixture, bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer until sauce thickens, about 8-10 minutes.