- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion (medium, chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 2 teaspoons mild curry powder
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 11 ounces sweet potatoes (peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks)
- 11 ounces cauliflower (cut into florets)
- 2 medium zucchini (cut into 1/2-inch chunks)
- 15 ounces brown lentils (drained and rinsed)
- 2 naan breads
- 3 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (finely)
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt (to serve)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan on medium-low heat. Add onion; cook and stir for 5 mins, or until soft.
- Add garlic and curry powder. Cook and stir for 1 min, or until fragrant. Add tomatoes and stock. Bring to a boil on high heat. Reduce heat to low.
- Add sweet potatoes; simmer for 10 mins. Add cauliflower and zucchini. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 mins, or until vegetables are tender.
- Add lentils; cook and stir for 5 mins, or until heated through. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Toast naans. Brush with combined butter and cilantro. Cut into wedges. Ladle hot soup into serving bowls. Top with yogurt and serve with naan.