Lamb is a flavorful and tender meat that works really well in dishes with bold ingredients such as this curry recipe. The bold flavor of the lamb works in contrast to the curry it is served with. The ingredient list looks a little long at first glance, but this recipe comes together in just a little over an hour for a delicious and flavor-packed meal that can be enjoyed any day of the week.
- 500 grams ground lamb
- 1 eggs
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tomatoes
- 200 milliliters chicken broth
- 500 grams basmati rice
- 1,500 grams water
- Mix the ground lamb with the egg, 1 tablespoon of curry powder, breadcrumbs, and a pinch of salt and black pepper. Mix together well and form the meat mixture into meatballs.
- Place the meatballs in the refrigerator.
- Add the oil to a skillet on medium heat. Saute the onion and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato and cook for another 5 minutes. Add the broth and the remaining curry powder. Cook for 10 minutes on low heat.
- Add everything to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Lightly coat the meatballs with flour and sear them in plenty of hot oil until browned on all sides.
- Drain the meatballs on paper towels. Add the meatballs to the sauce and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Cook the basmati rice in the water.
- Add the rice to individual plates and serve with the meatballs and sauce.
PER SERVING *
|Calories960Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.