- 4 boneless pork chops (1 1/2-inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons cumin seed
- 8 ounces corn (drained)
- 1 small tomato (seeded and chopped)
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro (chopped)
- In small bowl combine salt, coriander, turmeric, cayenne and mustard. Rub seasoning mixture on chops, set aside.
- For relish, in small sauté pan, heat cumin seed over high heat, stirring frequently and watching carefully, just until seed is toasted. Remove seed to a medium bowl and crush with the back of a spoon. Stir in corn, tomato, yogurt, pepper, coriander and cilantro. Set aside.
- Prepare moderately hot fire in kettle-style grill. Place chops directly over heat, lower grill hood and grill 7-8 minutes; turn chops and grill 7-8 minutes more, until internal temperature on a thermometer 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time. Serve immediately with corn and cumin relish.