- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and crushed)
- 200 grams chicken fillet (cut into chunks)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 apple (cored and cut into wedges)
- 1 liter chicken stock (clear)
- 125 grams red lentils
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 500 grams carrots (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 300 grams leeks (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 125 milliliters whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 3 drops tabasco (according to taste)
- fresh mint
- red chillies
- Heat the sunflower oil in a saucepan and sauté the garlic for 1 min. Add the chicken and continue cooking until browned all over. Sprinkle in the curry powder and season with salt and black pepper. Add the apple and sauté for 2 mins. Add 3 cups of the stock and simmer for 8 mins. Stir in the lentils and simmer for 7 mins.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a frying pan and sauté the carrots and leeks until softened. Sift in the flour and cook until golden brown. Add the cream and remaining stock and simmer for 12 mins.
- Add the carrot and leek mixture to the chicken and lentils and stir in the sesame oil, vinegar and Tabasco. Garnish with chilies and mint.