It will take you only about 10 minutes to prep the ingredients for this comforting soup. Curry flavors and cauliflower always make a good match. You can make this a day ahead, but you may have to thin it out with a little water or stock when you reh…
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons ginger (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds (ground)
- 2 pounds cauliflower (1 medium head, roughly chopped)
- 1 russet potato
- 2 quarts water (vegetable stock or chicken stock)
- freshly ground pepper
- chopped cilantro (for garnish)
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large, heavy soup pot and add the onion. Cook, stirring often, until onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger, curry powder and ground cumin and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds to a minute.
- Add the cauliflower, potato or rice, water or stock, and salt to taste and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, purée the soup (or you can use a regular blender, working in batches and placing a kitchen towel over the top to avoid splashing) until it is very smooth.
- Return to the pot, heat through, add freshly ground pepper and adjust salt. Serve, garnishing each bowl with chopped cilantro.
|Calories90Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.