This creme brulee is insane! You have to try these! Not only are they good for you but they are incredibly delicious. The title may seem a bit strange but the taste is outstanding. Try this Curried Carrot Creme Brulee recipe today! You are your guests will love them! They are packed with flavor! They also make for the perfect finger foods if you are having guests over or serving a larger number of people.
- 100 grams carrots (peeled)
- 3 boxes coconut milk
- curry powder
- 10 crème fraîche liquid
- 1 eggs (+ 1 yellow)
- 3 cilantro leaves
- sugar (castor)
- coconut (powder for decoration)
- Cut the carrots into pieces. Place them in a pan with a little salt, 3 cl of coconut milk and 3 dl of water.
- Cook over low heat for 25 minutes, until they are tender.
- In the bowl of a blender pour the cream, 10 cl of coconut milk, 1 large pinch of curry, cilantro (about 10 leaves) and eggs.
- Add the drained carrots.
- Mix until you have a very smooth cream.
- Check for seasoning, add more salt or curry if you want a stronger taste.
- Preheat oven to 200 ° F.
- Pour the carrot mixture into ramekins and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- The center of the cream should be a little soft, as it will harden as it cools.
- For a single large cream, it will need to cook for about 40 minutes.
- Let cool and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of powdered sugar and caramelize with a torch.
- I like to put them back to the fridge for half hour but no more because the caramel does not last long in the fridge because if they are prepared too far in advance it won't stay hard
- Sprinkle with coconut and a pinch of curry to serve.