Curried Carrot Creme BruleeOn dine chez Nanou
This creme brulee is insane! You have to try these! Not only are they good for you but they are incredibly delicious. The title may seem a bit strange but the taste is outstanding. Try this Curried Carrot Creme Brulee recipe today! You are your guests will love them! They are packed with flavor! They also make for the perfect finger foods if you are having guests over or serving a larger number of people.
- 100 grams carrots (peeled)
- 3 boxes coconut milk
- curry powder
- 10 crème fraîche liquid
- 1 eggs (+ 1 yellow)
- 3 cilantro leaves
- sugar (castor)
- coconut (powder for decoration)
- 1Cut the carrots into pieces. Place them in a pan with a little salt, 3 cl of coconut milk and 3 dl of water.
- 2Cook over low heat for 25 minutes, until they are tender.
- 3In the bowl of a blender pour the cream, 10 cl of coconut milk, 1 large pinch of curry, cilantro (about 10 leaves) and eggs.
- 4Add the drained carrots.
- 5Mix until you have a very smooth cream.
- 6Check for seasoning, add more salt or curry if you want a stronger taste.
- 7Preheat oven to 200 ° F.
- 8Pour the carrot mixture into ramekins and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- 9The center of the cream should be a little soft, as it will harden as it cools.
- 10For a single large cream, it will need to cook for about 40 minutes.
- 11Let cool and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- 12Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of powdered sugar and caramelize with a torch.
- 13I like to put them back to the fridge for half hour but no more because the caramel does not last long in the fridge because if they are prepared too far in advance it won't stay hard
- 14Sprinkle with coconut and a pinch of curry to serve.