- 1 pound boneless beef chuck (lean, cut into ½-inch cubes)
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 carrots (mediums, sliced)
- 1 onion (medium, diced)
- 1 bouillon cube (beef flavored)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 10 ounces frozen peas
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 5 tablespoons cold water (to 6)
- Pat beef dry with paper towels. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat; add beef and cook until browned on all sides. Stir in garlic and curry powder; cook 1 minute longer. With slotted spoon, transfer beef mixture to bowl. In same skillet, heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil; add carrots and onion and cook 10 minutes, or until browned.
- Add beef, bouillon, salt, and 1-1/4 cups water; heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 30 minutes. In cup, mix cornstarch and 1/4 cup water; gradually add to skillet. Cook over high heat stirring, until mixture thickens; boil 1 minute. Stir in peas; remove from heat.
- Prepare parsley Crust. In a large bowl, mix 2 cups flour, 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley, and 1 teaspoon salt. With pastry blender or two knives used scissor-fashion, cut in 3/4 cup shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in 5 to 6 tablespoons cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing lightly with fork after each addition, until dough just holds together. Divide dough in half; shape each into a ball.
|Calories350Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.