Cured Berkshire Pork Belly Scrapple, Fried Nantucket Pullet Egg, Toasted Cider Muffin, Honey Crisp Apple CompotePork Foodservice
apple compote (recipe follows)
2 parts salt
1 part brown sugar
1 part juniper berries
1 part coriander
1 part black peppercorns
1/2 cup nonfat powdered milk
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
1 cup apple cider
1 envelope dry yeast
1/8 teaspoon sugar
1/3 cup apple cider (warm)
2 cups all-purpose flour
vegetable oil cooking spray (As needed)
2 cups water
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 vanilla beans (split in half)
1 tablespoon bourbon whiskey (Woodford)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1 sprig rosemary
1 pinch salt
8 Honeycrisp apples (large)
Discover more recipes from Pork Foodservice
11. Rub Belly on both sides generously with cure. Place on sheet pan lined with parchment paper, and warp with plastic wrap. Let Cure for two days
22. When done, rinse off cure, dry and portion. We cut pieces about 5 inches, by 4 inches to fit our Cryovac bags
33. Cook the pork belly with the circulator set at 180 Degrees for 12 hours
44. Remove and chill in a large ice bath until completely chill
55. Remove excessive fat from the cooked belly
66. Process belly in food processor until smooth, add chopped parsley and thyme
77. Form into patties
88. Standard breading
91. In a bowl combine the powdered milk, 1 tablespoon of sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, shortening, and hot water, stir until the sugar and salt are dissolved. Let cool. In a separate bowl combine the yeast and 1/8 teaspoon of sugar in 1/3 cup of warm water and rest until yeast has dissolved. Add this to the dry milk mixture. Add the sifted flour and beat thoroughly with wooden spoon. Cover the bowl and let it rest in a warm spot for 30 minutes.
102. Preheat the griddle to 300 degrees F. If you have no griddle, a nice flat cast iron pan at low-medium heat will suffice.
113. Add the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt to mixture and beat thoroughly. Place metal rings onto the griddle and coat lightly with vegetable spray. Using #20 ice cream scoop, place 2 scoops into each ring and cover with a pot lid or cookie sheet and cook for 5 to 6 minutes. Remove the lid and flip rings using tongs. Cover with the lid and cook for another 5 to 6 minutes or until golden brown. Place on a cooling rack, remove rings and cool.
121. In medium sauce pan combine sugar, water, spices, vanilla. Bring to a boil and cook at a simmer for about 20 minutes, until reduced by a third.
132. Add apples, pinch of salt, and rosemary sprig and cook until the apples are tender.
143. Remove from pan and cool to room temperature.