Cups of Green Peas, Brandade and Vichyssoise with Iberian HamKooking
You have been invited to a party or potluck and you want to provide the perfect palate pleasing appetizer. This recipe for Cups of Green Peas, Brandade and Vichyssoise with Iberian Ham combines the rich and delicious flavors that will melt in your mouth. These savory cakes are packed with flavor and make the perfect party appetizer. Be sure to pick these ingredients up the next time you go shopping so you can surprise your friends with your culinary skills.
- cod (brandade, cod, potato, milk, olive oil)
- vichysoise (Thick, leek, potato, olive oil)
- green peas
- ham (Iberian)
- 1Soft brandade preparation:
- 2Cook the unsalted cod covered in olive oil in a very low heat for five minutes, once done shred it into small pieces. Boil the chopped potatoes. When it is done, add a little bit of milk to make a puree. Add the shredded cod. Season with salt and pepper as desired and set aside.
- 3Thick vichysoise preparation:
- 4Boil the chopped leek with half its weight in potatoes and a few peas to give the mash a green tone. When they are cooked, drain them almost completely of water and grind them with a bit of olive oil. Season with salt and set aside.
- 5Boil the remaining peas. Drain them and add a little oil and salt.
- 6Fry the ham in a bit of oil until it is crispy.
- 7To assemble the cups, put the peas in the bottom. Spread the brandade on the peas and put the vichysoise on top. Top it with a bit of ham.