Planning a brunch for your family or friends? Look no further than this delicious recipe for Cucumber and Spinach Quiche. The crust of this quiche is unique in that poppy seeds are added to the dough. Allow the crust to chill for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator. Blind bake the crust and then fill with the creamy cucumber and spinach egg filling. Seasoned with fresh thyme, this quiche is sure to be a hit!
- 200 grams flour
- 1 eggs
- 90 grams butter
- 3 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 20 milliliters cold water
- olive oil
- 1 onions (large)
- 500 grams spinach
- 1 garlic cloves
- 60 milliliters cream
- 200 milliliters milk
- 3 eggs
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- nutmeg (to taste)
- 1 cucumber (peeled and grated, without seeds)
- 200 grams grating cheese (to taste)
- thyme sprigs (Fresh, to taste)
- Pour the flour on a work surface, and make a well in the center. Add the egg, pieces of butter, poppy seeds, and a pinch of salt.
- Knead all the ingredients well, and slowly, gradually add the water, until obtaining a stiff and moldable dough.
- Shape the dough into a ball, cover entirely with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat a frying pan with a little olive oil, add the finely chopped onion, and cook until translucent. Add the spinach and chopped garlic, and saute for 4 to 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk the cream with the milk and eggs. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Roll out the dough in a circle about 3 millimeters thick.
- Line the pie pan with parchment paper, spread the dough in the pan. Cover the dough with parchment paper, and place beans or other grains on top of the dough to weigh it down. This will prevent the dough from inflating while baking.
- Bake the dough in preheated oven at 160 C for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, remove the weights, the parchment paper, and the dough from the mold.
- Bake for 2 to 3 more minutes, and remove from oven. Turn oven temperature up to 180 C.
- Place in the pie mold, the well-drained spinach, cucumber, cheese, cream mixture, and fresh thyme sprigs.
- Bake again, at 180 C for 25 minutes.
PER SERVING *
|Calories810Calories from Fat470|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat470|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.