- 1 cup yogurt (fresh)
- 1 cucumber (large, peeled, seeded and diced)
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 green onion (thinly sliced, optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- freshly ground pepper
- Place yogurt in a fine mesh strainer over a medium bowl. Allow yogurt to drain for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place yogurt and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl.Mix well and chill 30 minutes to blend flavors.
- Serve as a salad, topping for grilled fish or chicken or as an accompaniment for spicy dishes.