Cucumber Bruschetta with Arugula and Turkey HamO Meu Tempero
When serving bruschetta as part of an appetizer course, or at a cocktail party, or even for a leisurely Italian-style lunch or brunch, it is always better to make more than one variety, to please all palates. Besides the most classic tomato and basil topping, you can try your hand at ones like this recipe, which combine ham with cucumber and arugula. Even though turkey ham is called for, feel free to use whatever ham or other cured meat you like best.
- 2 slices rustic bread (or of homemade)
- 4 slices turkey ham (with fine herbs)
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 handful arugula
- olive oil
- olives (to garnish)
- 1Preheat the oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- 2Brush the bread slices with olive oil on both sides and bake until toasted.
- 3Sprinkle with oregano.
- 4Slice cucumber ribbons with a carrot peeler leaving some parts with the peel.
- 5Top the bread with cucumber ribbons,arugula and ham slices and season to taste.
- 6Drizzle of olive oil and garnish with olives.