If you are looking for a special treat to make someone special for their special day, then try this beautiful Cube au Chocolate and Crunchy Hazelnuts for a Nice Birthday. This sweet treat combines decadent ingredients like Nutella, dark chocolate, h…
ney, and caramelized hazelnuts for rich and flavorful treat. Be sure to decorate this palate pleaser with fresh raspberries for a sweet and hearty dessert that everyone will love. Enjoy!
- 4 eggs (2 whole and 2 separate)
- 110 grams sugar (80+ 30g of semolina)
- 50 grams flour
- 1 Nutella (jug of)
- 70 grams hazelnuts
- 50 grams powder sugar
- 50 grams noisettines Medoc (already caramelized hazelnuts or otherwise 50 g more hazelnuts and 30 g of sugar)
- 75 grams dark chocolate
- 12 whipping cream (cl of)
- 30 grams honey
- 30 grams butter
- Combine the egg yolks, whole eggs, and 80 grams of sugar until pale. Beat the egg whites until stiff, then immediately add 30 grams of sugar and beat to combine. Add the egg whites to the first mixture and then add the sifted flour. Spread it on a baking sheet covered with a silicon mat. Bake for 7 minutes at 410 ° F. Unmold it and cover the surface with Nutella.
- In a small skillet, heat the hazelnuts with the sugar until it turns into caramel. Stir to coat the nuts and cool on parchment paper. Crush the nuts and caramel with a rolling pin. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate in double boiler. Heat the cream and honey together, just until it boils. Add the cream mixture, one third at a time, to the melted chocolate, mix quickly to get a smooth sauce. When the temperature is between 95 and 105 ° F, add the butter, cut into small pieces.
- Assembling the cake:
- Cut the nutella cover cake into 15 cm squares. Place one square on your serving plate, top with crushed hazelnuts. Continue with the remaining layers. Put in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Thirty minutes before removing from the freezer prepare the icing. Pour it over the cake placed on a cooling rack. Decorate with nuts and raspberries.