- 1 piece flank steak (this recipes makes enough marinade for 1-3 pounds of meat)
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (or coconut aminos for Paleo version)
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder (ground, or use your favorite hot sauce)
- 2 teaspoons lime zest (optional)
PER SERVING *
|Calories170Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Cecily N. 29 Jun
America: "Cuban food is easy, you just take mexican food and add citrus." Cuban people: "Nooooooo" Source: I am a 2nd generation cuban woman
Mark M 27 Jun
Grew up in Miami, have eaten a lot of Cuban food, don’t know what makes this recipe “Cuban”, especially with Asian soy sauce and Mexican chipotle. Tasted more like fajitas, but with soy sauce clashing with other flavors. Have had better flank steak recipes, won’t be making this again.
Hector L. 11 Apr
delicious. will make again
Ryan DeVore 4 Dec 2017
Followed the directions to a t. Not impressed. There are much better ways to enjoy flank steak.
MONICA PEREZ 1 Jan 2017
Turned out delicious. Only had time to marinate it for about 5 hours then cooked it in a pan with some cilantro and green onions. It turned out great . Can't wait to try it on a grill.
Kelsi h. 10 Aug 2016
This was absolutely delicious!! I only got to marinate it for 4 hours and it tasted great so I'm sure if u marinate it for 24 hours it would taste twice as good.