- 8 ounces spanish chorizo (smoked, links with casings removed)
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs (dried)
- 1 large eggs (beaten)
- 1 small yellow onion (minced)
- 1/3 cup green bell pepper (minced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 hamburger buns (split)
- 6 tablespoons thousand island dressing
- 2 cups potatoes (shoestring, potato sticks)
- 6 lettuce leaves (green)
- Finely chop chorizo in a food processor or with a large knife. Gently mix together ground pork, chopped chorizo, breadcrumbs, egg, onion, green pepper, garlic and salt.Shape into 6 patties about 3/4-inch thick.Refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Prepare a grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat, about 450 degrees F.
- Grill burgers, with the lid closed, for 5 minutes.Turn and finish cooking for 4 to 5 minutes more, until cooked through or until the internal temperature reads 160 degrees F on a digital meat thermometer.Remove from grill.
- Toast buns on the grill, about 1 minute per side.Build burgers on buns with 1 1/2 tablespoons dressing, 1/3 cup shoestring potatoes and one lettuce leaf.Serve immediately.
- 6 servings
- Nutritional information based on 96% lean ground pork.