Thick, juicy chops infused with a mixture of fresh citrus juices and spices create a delicious main event for a summertime cookout.
- 32 ounces New York pork chops (1 to 1 1/4-inch thick)
- 2/3 cup fresh orange juice (about 2 oranges)
- 1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup canola oil (OR extra-virgin olive oil)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced, 2 teaspoons)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Place pork in large, resealable plastic bag. Mix together orange juice, onion, oil, lime juice, garlic, oregano, cumin and salt in small bowl. Set aside 1/3 cup of the juice marinade. Pour remaining marinade over pork; close bag to seal. Turn bag to evenly coat pork with marinade. Refrigerate for 2-6 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Prepare a medium-hot fire in grill. Remove pork from marinade; discard marinade in bag. Grill chops, uncovered, over direct heat for 12-16 minutes or until internal temperature of pork reaches 145 degrees F., turning chops over halfway during grilling and brushing occasionally with reserved marinade. Transfer chops to cutting board. Loosely cover with foil; let rest for 5 minutes.