- 2 submarine rolls
- 7 inches Italian bread
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 4 ounces smoked ham (thinly sliced)
- 4 ounces cooked pork roast (thinly sliced)
- 2 ounces swiss cheese (sliced)
- 6 slices tomatoes (thin slices)
- 6 slices dill pickles (thin slices)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- At the tailgate - Slice the rolls and spread the mayonnaise on one side, mustard on the other. Arrange the ham, pork, cheese, tomatoes and pickle in the roll. Lightly butter the outside of the rolls.
- Prepare coals for a medium fire. Wrap the brick in aluminum foil. When the coals are ready, lay a double layer of foil on the grill. Place the sandwiches on the foil. Place the brick over both sandwiches and press down gently. Grill until the bottom of the bread is browned and the cheese starts to melt, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn, replace the brick, and grill for two minutes more. Serve hot.