- 2 1/2 pounds lean ground pork
- 2 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon garlic (granulated)
- 2 teaspoons oregano (dried)
- 10 cans salsa
- 2 1/2 pounds refried beans
- 1 inch whole wheat flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 pounds cheddar cheese (shredded, low fat)
- 9 ounces lettuce (shredded)
- Mix meat and spices together.
- Brown until meat is thoroughly cooked.
- Add 12 oz. of salsa to the cooked meat mixture. Blend well.
- Mix beans with 24 oz. of salsa.
- Spread 12 oz. of salsa evenly on the bottom of a steam table pan.
- Place 8 tortillas on top of the salsa. Tortillas will overlap slightly.
- Spread ½ of the bean mixture over the tortillas.
- Top with an additional layer of tortillas.
- Spread ½ of the meat mixture over the tortillas.
- Sprinkle ¼ of the cheese and top with another tortillas layer.
- Spread the remaining meat and bean mixture.
- Sprinkle ¼ of the cheese over the meat/bean mixture.
- Layer the last 8 tortillas and top with the remaining salsa and cheese
- CCP: Bake in a 350ºF convection oven (375ºF conventional oven) for approximately 20 minutes or until the internal temperature is 165ºF.
- CCP: Hold at 140ºF for serving. 12. To serve: cut into squares and top with shredded lettuce.
- Cooling CCP: Pour mixture in two-inch shallow pans. Cover and place in refrigerator. Cool to 40ºF within 4 hours.
- Reheating CCP: Reheat product to 165ºF or higher for at least 1 minute. Hold at 140ºF or higher to serve.