Cuban Pork Adobo SaladPork
- 4 New York pork chops (3/4-inch thick)
- 2/3 cup lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 1/2 inches fresh pineapple (thick slices, cored)
- 5 ounces arugula (watercress, or assorted baby greens)
- 14 1/2 ounces black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 red onion (small, cut into thin slivers)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (plus oil for the grill grate)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1For the dressing-marinade mixture, in a small bowl whisk together lime juice, garlic, cumin, salt, and pepper. Reserve 1/4 cup of the mixture for the dressing in the refrigerator. For the marinade, transfer remaining mixture to a self-sealing plastic bag. Add chops; seal bag and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- 2Prepare a medium-hot fire with charcoal or preheat gas to medium high. Lightly oil grill grate.
- 3Remove chops from marinade (do not pat dry), discarding marinade from the bag. Grill chops and pineapple directly over heat, turning once, until internal temperature of pork on a thermometer reads between 145 degrees F. (medium rare) and 160 degrees F. (medium), followed by a 3-minute rest , about 8 to 11 minutes.
- 4Plate greens on 4 dinner dishes. Divide pineapple,black beans, and onion onto plates. Top with pork chops. For the dressing, whisk the 3 tablespoons of oil and honey into the reserved dressing mixture; drizzle atop salads.
PER SERVING *
|Calories220Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.