- 6 New York (top loin) pork chops (3/4-inch thick)
- 1 cup lime juice
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- olive oil (for grill grate)
- In a small bowl whisk together lime juice, garlic, cumin, salt, and pepper; transfer to a self-sealing plastic bag. Add chops; seal bag and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- Prepare a medium-hot fire with charcoal or preheat gas to medium high. Lightly oil grill grate.
- Remove chops from marinade (do not pat dry), discarding marinade from the bag. Grill chops directly over heat, turning once, until internal temperature of pork on a thermometer reads between 145 degrees F. (medium rare) and 160 degrees F. (medium), followed by a 3-minute rest, about 8 to 11 minutes.