- 8 slices cooked pork roast (about 1/2 pound at deli)
- 8 slices smoked ham (thin, about 1/2 pound at deli)
- 8 strips peppered bacon (thick-sliced, cooked, about 1/2 pound)
- 4 slices white cheddar cheese (about 1/4 pound at deli)
- 1 dill pickles (large, thinly sliced or 4 large sandwich dill pickle slices)
- 8 teaspoons butter (room temperature)
- 4 English muffins (OR Cuban Bread Rolls, halved lengthwise)
- 2 tablespoons dijon (style mustard)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a small bowl, combine mustard, mayonnaise, lime juice and cumin; spread on 4 English muffin tops and bottoms (cut side). Layer 2 pieces each of roast pork, smoked ham, peppered bacon; and 1 slice cheese on muffin bottoms. Top with pickle slices. Place top muffin over pickles. Spread 1 teaspoon butter on both the bottom and the top (outer side) of each sandwich to prepare for grilling. Serve immediately.
- Makes 4 servings.
- Panini Grill Instructions: Heat Panini grill to 400º F. Place sandwiches on Panini grill for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Stove-top Instructions: Heat heavy skillet on medium-high heat. Place sandwiches in skillet. Lay another heavy skillet (smaller than the original skillet) over top sandwiches to press the sandwich down. Cook for about 3 minutes per side or until cheese is melted.
- Oven Instructions: Preheat oven to 400º. Place sandwiches on a baking sheet. Place another baking sheet on top of the sandwiches. Place a cast iron skillet on top of the baking sheet to press down the sandwich. Keep the weight distributed evenly. Bake 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Recipe courtesy of Chef Martin Corso- The M Group